|Job Type:||Part Time|
The purpose of this position is to ensure the accurate, timely, and proper preparation of food in sufficient quantities for daily guests and camp participants.
Education: Culinary degree, College degree, High School diploma or completion of GED required.
Work Experience: 1-2 years’ experience cooking and food preparation in a restaurant setting. Must be and experienced Grill and Fry Cook and have good skills in prep. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to interact with guests, trainees and employees effectively and in a courteous and professional manner. Additional on the job training will be given. Must have ServSafe Certificate and be knowledgeable of effective sanitation standards and food preparations. Must have knife skills and be able to complete a food preparation test. ServSafe Certification is desired but not required.
Position requires day, evening & weekend availability.
This position has the following special requirements:
- Walking to access other departments and areas of the Food Service Department.
- Obtaining foods from outdoor freezer and coolers.
- Standing for long periods of time (6-7 hr.) or for duration of shift preparing food.
- Pushing, carrying, and lifting food pans, items, food carts and equipment up to 50lbs. waist high.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching to store/retrieve supplies
- Talking and hearing to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, guest and employees.
This position involves working in a kitchen/food service environment that is subject to changing temperatures. This position deals extensively with guest and employees throughout the organization.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & appropriate references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent standards of cleanliness & health regulations are maintained
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position & the company and appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is a part of sustaining a professional relationship
- Provides leadership and is a role model to those that work under this position’s control
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
- Maintains pristine grill and work area
- Food Service General Operations.
- Meet or exceed regulatory and professional standards for the cleanliness and sanitation of food service areas and equipment. Serv Safe desired.
- Promptly acknowledge guests, trainees, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond to, and whenever possible, resolve guest's questions and complaints promptly and in a manner that reflects the Mission, Vision, and Spirit of the USSRC.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Mars Grill Manager/Executive Chef for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
- Ensure the accurate timely set-up & breakdown of kitchen area. Work include, but not limited to: grill, fry station, serving line and kitchen area.
- Ensure that food products are produced in a consistent manner utilizing a recipe file.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily cleaning list.
- Ensure that related USSRC policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all food preparation is completed for next shift.
- Record production and waste on a regular and consistent manner
- Food Preparation.
- Perform any and all food preparation duties as assigned in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with expected numbers of guests; such as breakfast(for special events and days) and lunch preparations, panning up any required prep for Mars Grill.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.