|Title:||Sales and Outreach Coordinator|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
SALES & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Mission and Scope
The purpose of this position is to develop contacts to increase and generate attendance and revenue for SPACE CAMPÒ, Aviation Challenge, and the US Space and Rocket Center programs. This will be done via sales and marketing efforts including but not limited to travelling promotional events, attending camp expos, sales, marketing or teacher conferences and outreach educational events that fit within the target audience. Additionally, the position is to market and develop new contacts and follow up on existing ones via email, telephone, and marketing campaigns. This position will ensure that all promotional, marketing, and sales activities are in accordance with established plans and timelines, target appropriate geographical regions, promote the quality and integrity of camp and museum programs and reflect the Mission, Vision and Spirit of USSRC.
Education: BS Degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business, Education or a related field.
Work Experience: 2 years related work experience in sales, telemarketing, communications, or marketing OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in some facets of the tour and travel, convention, group sales and/or education industry required. Previous experience in any of the USSRC camp or museum programs strongly desired. Must be able to plan, direct, execute promotional programs and outreach educational programs to achieve positive actions and results. Must have excellent communication skills and effective presentation skills. Must be able to travel for an extended periods of time, domestic and international.
Computer Experience: Must be able to use a 101 key keyboard and possess knowledge of Windows based operating systems; including some basic associated software applications (i.e. word processing and spreadsheet).
- Physical Requirements for the Position
This position has the following special requirements:
- Sitting for long periods of time (4-6hrs) behind desk.
- Standing for long periods of time (5-7 hrs) to execute promotional activities.
- Walking, climbing (stairs) extensively to access departments, buildings, and to travel.
- Carrying, Lifting supplies, boxes up to 40 lbs waist high.
- Bending, kneeling, and reaching to experience all areas of the facility.
- Sight, Reading, Wrist Movements, Feeling to operate computer terminal, read programs, develop presentations.
- Talking, Hearing to conduct presentations, interact with guests, employees, and direct staff.
This position involves working in a climate controlled office environment. This position requires extensive traveling including overnight stays for up to multiple days as team leader or individual by automobile and airplane in various weather conditions including setting up displays and promotional activities and simulators. This position deals extensively with the public and employees of the USSRC.
- General Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Professional Standards
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position, the company and co-workers
- Appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is a part of sustaining a professional relationship with the company
- Position Duties
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Director of Sales and Outreach and Assistant Sales Director for the implementation of sales, promotional activities, marketing campaigns, and concepts needed to successfully obtain projected Sales for Space Camp, Aviation Challenge, Robotics Camp programs, USSRC Groups programs and special programs.
- Ensure that Sales, promotional activities, and outreach presentations are in accordance with established marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that promotional activities and outreach events reflect the educational quality of Space Camp and Aviation Challenge and support the USSRC’s Mission, Vision, and Spirit.
- Ensure the accurate, timely, and effective implementation of sales activities, group sales activities, telemarketing efforts, direct contact activities, sales tours, and client relations to support the marketing/development department.
- Ensure the appropriate planning and execution of outreach programs to include all planning, staffing, activities, and promoting Camp and USSRC programs.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Director of Sales and Sales and Outreach Manager for researching, establishing, and nurturing new client relationships including results into effective sales for all programs of the USSRC.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Director of Sales for the execution of all promotional activities including preparation, staffing, execution, and monitoring budget for assigned event.
- Works as a member of Marketing/Development team and works on or serves as special project lead as assigned.
- Assist Call Center operations and group reservationists as needed.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Director of Sales and Outreach and Sales and Outreach Manager for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Director of Sales and Outreach, Digital Communications Manager and VP of Development in Development/Marketing team for implementation of sales/marketing campaigns and events.
- Works with Development team is assisting with all sales and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with creation and monitoring of content for distribution on all marketing material including website.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner and keeping his/her workplace safe.