|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mission and Scope
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair USSRC vehicles and related equipment in an accurate and timely manner to ensure proper working condition and safety.
Education: High school or GED plus 2 years formal education beyond the high school level.
Work Experience: 2 - 4 years experience in maintaining and repairing gasoline and diesel powered automotive equipment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of air conditioning, air brake systems, and hydraulic brake systems required. Must have the ability to use the tools, equipment, and materials of the automotive field efficiently and safely. Must have the ability to diagnose and correct problems.Equipment Experience: Must be able to use the automotive and diagnostic scanners and the diesel lap top for diagnosis of the diesel automotive equipment.
- Routinely inspect and service minor functioning aspects of USSRC vehicles to ensure proper working condition and safety.
- Ensure timely and accurate service to USSRC vehicles in need of repair to major components and systems.
- Conduct negotiations with service providers to ensure that the USSRC receives quality products and services that are cost effective.
- Ensure proper working condition and safety of equipment used to support various USSRC departments.
- Ensure that maintenance area is properly cleaned, closed and secure.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Vehicle Maintenance Manager for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Physical Requirements of the Position
This position has the following special requirements:
- Bending, Kneeling, Reaching, Crawling to inspect and repair vehicles.
- Carrying, Lifting, Handling up to 150 lbs equipment and supplies.
- Sight, Wrist Movements, Feeling to operate equipment and handle tools of the field.
- Talking, Hearing to understand problems related to vehicles.
This position requires working in a climate controlled building that is subject to changing temperatures. This position will be exposed to dusty, noisy environments. This position deals with employees who interact with assigned area of responsibility.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position, the company and co-workers
- Appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is apart of sustaining a professional relationship with the company
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner and keeping his/her workplace safe.