|Job Type:||Part Time|
Education: High School or G.E.D. required.
Work Experience: Must be at least 21 years of age. Some experience (0-3 months) in catering or full service dining strongly desired. Bartending skills strongly desired. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to interact with guests effectively and in a courteous, professional manner.
This position has the following special requirements:
- Standing for long periods of time (6-8 hrs.) or for duration of shift serving meals and cleaning dining room.
- Walking and climbing (stairs & ladders) to access other areas of the Food Service Department.
- Carrying, lifting supplies, boxes, trays up to 50 lbs. waist and shoulder high.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching to store & retrieve supplies and equipment and to serve meals.
- Sight, reading, wrist movements, feeling to serve meals and beverages, operate food service equipment and clean food service areas.
- Talking and hearing to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, guests.
This position involves working in a climate controlled kitchen environment that is subject to changing temperatures. This position will involve working evening and weekend hours. This position is subject to the hazards related to the food service industry. This position deals extensively with the general public and employees throughout the organization who interact with assigned area of responsibility.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & appropriate references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Prefer to be at least 18 years or older
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position & the company and appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is apart of sustaining a professional relationship
- Ensures that excellent standards of cleanliness & health regulations are maintained
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
- Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program.
- Food Service General Operations
- Meet or exceed regulatory and professional standards for the alcohol and food display, handling and storage.
- Meet or exceed regulatory and professional standards for the cleanliness and sanitation of bar areas and equipment.
- Promptly acknowledge guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond to guests’ questions and complaints promptly and in a manner that reflects the Mission, Vision and Spirit of the USSRC.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Catering Manager/Catering Supervisor for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
- Bartender Functions
- Set-up and breakdown tables, decorations, equipment, serving areas, and related activities in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve prepared alcoholic beverages to guests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that guests have adequate beverage throughout dinner.
- Endure that Food Service equipment is properly secured upon conclusion of catering function.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner and keeping his/her workplace safe.