|Job Type:||Part Time|
Gift Shop Sales Associate
- Mission and Scope
This position reports to the Space Shop Manager.
Education: High School or G.E.D. Some college strongly desired.
Experience: 3-6 months experience in a retail environment operating a cash register required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be professional and detail oriented. Must have excellent verbal communication skills to effectively interact with guests and employees. Must be able to operate merchandise point of sale system including cash register.
Requires day shift availability and must be able to work weekends.
- Physical Requirements of the Position
This position has the following special requirements:
- Walking, climbing (stairs) to access other departments and areas of the gift shop including stock room.
- Standing for long periods of time (4-6 hrs.) or for the duration of shift operating cash register, assisting guests, moving stock and restocking merchandise.
- Pushing, carrying, lifting items and merchandise up to 40 lbs. waist and shoulder high.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching to store, stock and retrieve merchandise and supplies.
- Talking and hearing to communicate with supervisor, guests and employees in person and over the telephone.
- General Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & appropriate references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Prefer to be at least 18 years or older or a senior in high school
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program
- Professional Standards
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position & the company and appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is apart of sustaining a professional relationship
- Teamwork Standards
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
- Position Duties
- Gift Shop Sales
- Operate cash registers effectively, efficiently and in accordance with written procedures.
- Transport merchandise from stockroom to gift shop in a timely manner to maintain effective levels of merchandise available for sale.
- Respond to, and whenever possible, resolve guests’ questions and complaints promptly and in a manner that reflects the Mission, Vision and Spirit of the USSRC.
- Ensure accurate and timely participation in conducting periodic inventory for the merchandise gift shops.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment for guests and employees.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Space Shop Manager for the accurate and timely completion of related tasks and assignments.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner
and keeping his/her workplace safe.