|Job Type:||Part Time|
- Mission and Scope
The purpose of this position maintain effective and efficient levels of cleanliness and sanitation for all Food Service areas and equipment.
Education: Completion of High School or G.E.D required.
Experience: Some experience in the food service industry in cleaning or general maintenance. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to use cleaning chemicals and tools effectively and safely. Must be well organized and detail oriented.
Position requires day, evening & weekend availability.
C. Physical Requirements of the Position
This position has the following special requirements:
- Standing for long periods of time (6-8 hrs.) or for duration of shift unloading stock, cleaning floors, operating food service equipment and lifiting up to 50lbs.
- Walking and climbing (stairs & ladders) to access other areas of the Food Service department to transport stock, trash, clean & mop floors.
- Pushing, carrying, lifting supplies, food pans, trash, stock up to 80 lbs. shoulder high.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching to store & retrieve supplies, sweep & mop floors, remove trash, transport stock.
- Sight, reading, wrist movements, feeling to use cleaning tools, handle chemicals, empty trash receptacles, operate dish machine, push food carts, verify stock invoices.
- Talking and hearing to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, guests and employees in person.
- position involves working in a climate controlled kitchen environment that is subject to changing temperatures and outside in various weather conditions. This position is subject to the hazards related to the food service industry.
D. General Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & appropriate references
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Prefer to be at least 18 years or older
- Maturity of judgment and behavior
- Accepts full responsibility of their actions and how these may affect others
- Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program
- Professional Standards
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position & the company and appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is a part of sustaining a professional relationship
- Ensures that excellent standards of cleanliness & health regulations are maintained
- Teamwork Standards
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
- Position Duties
- Food Service Maintenance
- Meet or exceed revelatory and professional standards for the cleanliness and sanitation of food service areas and equipment.
- Systematically inspect Food Service equipment to ensure optimal levels of performance and safety.
- Operate the automatic dish machine in an effective, efficient and safe manner to ensure sufficient supply of clean dishes, trays and utensils.
- Promptly remove trash from Food Service trash receptacles and transport to appropriate location in an accurate and timely manner. Areas include, but are not limited to: public and camp dining rooms, patio areas and picnic area.
- Sweep and mop Food Service areas to maintain effective levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of the Food Service Lead, Inventory Control Supervisor or the Kitchen Manager.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner and keeping his/her workplace safe.