|Title:||Seasonal Transportation Coordinator|
Seasonal Transportation Coordinator
Education: 2 years college required; preferred B.S. Degree in Management, Education Science or related field.
Work Experience: Minimum of one (1) season experience as a Camp Operations Crew Trainer preferred. Supervisory experience of 6-12 months required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with trainees, Crew Trainers and guest. Must be organized, professional, and action oriented. Must have the ability and patience to interact with persons of all ages from children to adults.
Must be able to us a 101 key keyboard and possess knowledge of Disk Operating System (DOS) and Windows based operating systems; including some basic associated software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word).
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Circuitree or be willing to be trained in Circuitree.
This position reports to the Transportation Supervisor.
This position has the following special requirements:
- Walking, climbing (stairs) to access other departments, buildings, and to experience all areas of the training center floor and museum.
- Standing for long periods of time (4-6 hrs) directing staff and trainees, conducting lectures, operating simulators.
- Pushing, carrying, and lifting boxes, supplies, equipment up to 50lbs waist high.
- Bending, kneeling, and reaching to store/retrieve supplies.
- Sight, reading, wrist movements, feeling (tactile) to operate simulators, review schedules, write reports.
- Talking, hearing to instruct counselor, trainees, and assist guests in person and over the telephone.
This position involves working in a climate controlled office environment and building. This position involves working with the Transportation Supervisor and alongside all airlines associated with Huntsville International Airport. This position will involve walking to/from buildings in various weather conditions. This position deals extensively with employees and guests who interact with assigned area of responsibility. This position interacts extensively with children and adults. This position will require the knowledge to effectively and efficiently operate all simulators designated by Leadership.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Willing to get Transportation Security Administration Badge (TSA)
2. Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate references
4. Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
5. At least 21 years of age
6. Maturity of judgment and behavior
7. Accepts full responsibility for their actions and how these may affect others
8. Comfortable working in outdoor and high environments
9. Adherence and participation in the Center’s Safety Program
- Understands and follows all policies & procedures
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance, presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty & ethics are essential
- Ensures that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
- Maintains a positive attitude toward the position & the company and appreciates that promptness and attendance at work is a part of sustaining a professional relationship
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the Department’s team
- Maintains pleasant and professional relationship with co-workers & assists as needed
- Be open to input from co-worker, direct reports and supervisors/mangers/directors
- Remains positive about the team and facilitates an optimistic approach to resolution of issues
- Maintains productive, effective and professional relationships with all departments
- Adheres to organizational policies and applicable laws
- Instructs, coaches and encourages staff to support by action and example the mission and vision of the Center
- Demonstrates good judgment within supervision of staff
- Effectively monitors staff performance and offers appropriate coaching, counseling or supervision as required
- Completes staff evaluations, documentation, etc., on time and effectively
- Serves as an effective role model to staff by demonstrating exemplary work ethic
- Take initiative, be a self-starter/go-getter, and avidly seek to improve the experience for the incoming guest flying in to Huntsville International Airport.
- Open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost-effective results
- Meet or exceed the standards for the safety, security, hygiene, and emotional welfare of participants that may normally be expected of a firm and judicious parent.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of weekly airport reports, airport staff, and program activities to ensure that activities run effectively and efficiently.
- Assist other departments in a timely, effective, and efficient manner as duties relate to the camp programs. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create and populate the Airport spreadsheets
- Co-Ordinate airport pickups and drop-offs alongside transportation staff
- Assist in the transportation of trainees to and from Huntsville International Airport
- Supervision of Airport Staff and trainees
- Dispatching Bus Transportation
- Assist with discipline of program trainees
- Assist in addressing concerns brought by parents, trainees, and crew trainers, but knowing when to escalate difficult situation.
- Assist with training Crew Trainers
- Assist Sickbay Staff with locating trainees who have missed scheduled medicines
- Assist security and other members of staff with moving trainees to designated locations under the threat of severe weather and other emergency situations.
- Assist museum staff personnel as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of rooms upon early or late departures.
- Coordinate materials, supplies, and equipment to ensure that Airport Programs have adequate supplies necessary to conduct daily operations.
- Monitor wake-up and lights-out procedures to ensure that trainees are following policy in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Answer customer calls and emails related airport and flight information.
- May be required to operate a passenger shuttle vehicle, ferrying passengers to and from the executive terminal to the main airport.
- Serve as a customer-facing representative at Huntsville International Airport on behalf of the USSRC.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to airport customers, including but not limited to tenants, aviation users and community, by responding appropriately to requests, complaints and inquiries about the airport and its services.
- Stay current on pertinent airport and aviation industry developments, including but not limited to new and revised regulations, advisories, alerts, security directives and industry trends, both locally and nationwide, that could have an effect on U.S. Space & Rocket Center and Huntsville International Airport.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate pertinent and timely airport information to other airport employees, U.S. Space & Rocket Center employees, and other users.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Employee is responsible for working in a
safe manner and keeping his/her workplace safe.